Thursday 20 September 2012

It's been a while!

But I think that I'm just about ready to get back to blogging again.

Life just kind of took over in the summer months ~ what with school holidays, family trips away and trying to keep the small people entertained. And to tell the truth, whilst there really wasn't that much time available for any woolly stuff I really didn't have much inclination to put wool to hook or sticks either.

I am even more ashamed to say that I haven't done anything remotely hooky or even picked up the knitting sticks once since my last post which was WAY back in the middle of June.

I'm not quite sure why! I think that perhaps I had just become a bit bored with all of my WIP's and that maybe all I needed a new project to kick start my motivation again. The project I eventually decided on was this one ~


A lacy scarf designed by Debbie Bliss ~ which I decided to knit in double knitting wool ~ namely Sublime extra fine cashmerino wool in a lovely blue shade called Clipper. This wool is an absolute dream to knit with and very snuggly too which will be just right to keep me cosy in the winter months.


I have also signed myself up to take part in this wonderful Advent swap which is being organised by the very lovely Hookin' with Laalaa.

The idea of this swap is that you buy, make, thrift or share 24 little gifts for your partner to open each day of Advent and then one larger present for her to open on Christmas day. Sounds like amazing fun and I am really looking forward to taking part. There is still time to join in if you like the idea ~ although the closing date is today so you'll need to be quick! :O)xx

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jackie,I get like that all of the time ,loose my crafting mojo,the scarf you've started looks lovely,love the design and the wool,it looks super soft. Might just sign up for LaaLaa s swap,I get so stressed worrying about it,I ve been umming and ahhing!Thanks for pooping in to see me :)
Have a great week,love julieXxXx

Julie said...

The yarn for your new knit is lovely. Hope the enthusiasm keeps going! Juliex

Rattling On said...

I saw your post on Andamento's updates and recognised the pattern!!
( http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/skinny-scarf-12 )
I really enjoyed making mine and the colour is very similar. Nice and quick as well...

Gillian Roe said...

Hello! Good to see you back here! I love the pattern on that scarf, and a very gorgeous colour.