Friday 28 February 2014

Happy Birthday to me!

It was my birthday at the beginning of the week, and I had the most lazy kind of day you could possibly imagine. I was treated to breakfast in bed, which was then followed by some lovely presents from my other half and the not so little people. My presents included some rather colourful spotty dotty new slippers and a selection of lovely smelly goodies from Lush ~ which I absolutely love.


As part of my present my Mum gave me a beautiful bunch of pink carnations ~ which I get every birthday, because that is the kind of flowers my Dad bought my Mum when I was born. I love that a simple gesture from my Dad to my Mum all those years ago is still being made by my Mum to me.


My daughter made me a wonderful birthday cake ~ a lemon Victoria sponge with a lemony mousse filling and decorated with my favourite green and yellow jelly sweeties. She is becoming quite a talented little baker and her cakes always turn out to be light and very moreish. But, then I suppose cake is always kinda moreish!

In the evening we all went out for a family meal to our local Chinese restaurant. The food was absolutely delicious and I have to confess that I ate a bit more than I should have. I could have done with a wheelbarrow to help carry my stomach back up the road!

So that's me another year older but I don't think I would go as far as saying I was another year wiser. I had a wonderful day and was well and truly spoilt by my family:O)xx

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday Jackie, just popping over to say moved my blog to www.mixture43.com and I would love you to come over an see what what you think! Hope you have had a great birthday week! Karen xxx

Unknown said...

Happy birthday! Sounds like you had a wonderful day all round - best wishes for a perfect year! chrissie x

Unknown said...

That is really lovely that your Mum buys you those flowers, what a gorgeous sense of tradition. Happy Birthday to you, and don't worry about eating too much you are allowed on your birthday xxxx

byhooks4u said...

Happy birthday..sounds like you were made to feel special and appreciated on your special day..

Gill said...

Happy Birthday Jackie!

Vintage Sheet Addict said...

Happy Birthday! Sorry it's a bit late, sounds like you had a fab day! :) x

haggiz said...

Happy Belated birthday, such a sweet tradition with the flowers! Julie x

sweetpea family said...

Happy birthday - sounds a perfect day xxx

Dottie's Dolls said...

Happy Birthday for february Jackie, whilst surfing the blogs I came upon your lovely blog, can I just say that your pattern tab and your recipe tab don't seem to be working, unless it is my puter missing something just thought you would like to know