Monday 5 January 2015

2014 ~ Looking Back

It's that wonderful time of the blogging year that allows you to go through your archives and have a look back at all the lovely everyday things that might be otherwise might be forgotten if they hadn't been blogged about. Here is my yearly roundup for 2014.


January 2014 ~ I started the year by trying to get out and about a bit more in the fresh air and took some very nice, but bracing walks along one of our beautiful beaches.


January 2014 ~ Taking inspiration from my walks along our beautiful local coastline, I had a play about with some neutral, blue and green yarn and made some seaside coloured Granny Squares. These squares are destined to eventually become a seasidey blanket.


February 2014 ~ My birthday month :: My daughter made me a wonderful birthday cake ~ a lemon Victoria sponge with a lemony mousse filling and decorated with my favourite green and yellow jelly sweeties.


March 2014 ~ I enjoyed some more lovely springtime walks along the beach. Our town has two beaches and this one is the West Bay looking towards the harbour. 


April 2014 ~ we spent a week in Disneyland in Paris to celebrate my small boys birthday and had an absolutely fantastic time doing all the wonderful Disney rides and attractions.


May 2014 ~ whilst we were so close to the centre of Paris we spent one of the days seeing all the sights. We tried to cram in as many as we could and saw the Eiffel Tower, the Arc de Triomphe, the beautiful Louvre Pyramid, Notre Dame Cathedral and The Sacre Coeur to name but a few!  I absolutely love Paris ~ it's one of my very favourite cities ~ there is so much to see and definitely not enough time to see it all.


June 2014 ~ I added some more stripes to my Little Boy Blue Granny Stripe Blanket :: I am happy to report that I am now working on the edge of this blanket and will be doing a "Ta Dah" post later in the month. It's taken me a while but I'm nearly there!


July 2014 ~ We spent a very lovely week in the summer in the Weardale countryside visiting relatives who live in this beautiful old cottage which is right on the banks of the river Wear.


August 2014 ~ Every Wednesday in the Summertime my boy plays his bagpipes with the local pipe band for all the tourists visiting our seaside town. I never ever get tired of listening to the sound of the pipes and feel so proud of him when I watch him play.


September 2014 ~ September is a month of celebration in the Button Tree household as we got married on my daughter's first birthday ~ so her birthday is our anniversary too! I always get a beautiful bunch of pink lillies from my hubby to celebrate the special day. The smell of them always takes me straight back to the maternity ward. 


October 2014 ~ We made some very simple Halloween decorations from black card ~ this little mouse was one of my favourites.


November 2015 ~ More walking around our beautiful town ~ this time through the park on a very dreich wintery day.


December 2014 ~ my very first attempt at writing a crochet pattern. I made these pretty Flowery Coasters for my hyacinths to make their life on the window sill a little bit more comfortable. The pattern can be found on my blog and on Ravelry.

I hope that you enjoyed this little look back over my year ~ I will be back later on in the week with a little look forward.

Wishing you all a very Happy and Healthy 2015 ~ hope it's a good year for you all :O)x

8 comments:

Hazel said...

Lovely review of your year. Great pictures. I so wished we lived near the sea. x

Wainwright and Wright.Co said...

Your first photo is stunning - I would make that into a picture to hang on my wall. Love the photo of your son and I can clearly see why you are proud of him, and finally the blues in your blanket are gorgeous.
A lovely selection of photos
Caz xx

Winwick Mum said...

I agree, your first photo is absolutely beautiful, and the rest aren't too shabby either. What a great year you've had! Looking forward to your posts for 2015 xx

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pictures especially of the beach probably more enticing to us that live inland and dream of the coast.
Wishing you a successful 2015.
Helen x

Alison said...

What lovely pictures Jackie, the blue sky ones are gorgeous. How lucky to be near the beach too. You are right about blogging reminding you about things you'd forgotten about! xx

Mereknits said...

Jackie your year looks like it was wonderful.
Hugs,
Meredith

Gillian said...

Happy new year! It's great to have those memories.

Jo said...

What a lovely look back over your year. It must be wonderful to live near the coast and have beaches to walk along, my little dog would love to take his daily walks there. I love the blues you've used in your blanket. I've never made a granny stripe blanket before but it's one I'm considering at the moment, there's just so many things I want to make and such little time. You must be so proud of your son playing the bagpipes, I'm sure it must bring a tear to your eye every time you hear him.