Tuesday 11 August 2009

Little Flower Pot


Can you remember a few weeks ago when I was crocheting these lovely little colourful flowers from Attic 24? I wasn’t sure at the time what I was actually making them for and just carried on crocheting them as I was enjoying it. Would you like to see what I did with them?


Well ~ I decided that I would have a go at the Japanese art of Amigurumi and eventually made this little flower pot. I have to admit that it took me quite a few attempts because I didn’t realise that you had to work in spirals and not in rounds ~ if that makes any sense! It was frogged a few times and I very nearly gave it up as a very bad job. However, once I got the hang of it I found it fairly easy to do and it does work up very quickly too. Once I had made the flower pot all I had to do was attach the flowers and I ended up with this lovely little flower arrangement which I love.

Now, anybody that knows me well will be aware that I am not renowned for my green fingers ~ all the gardening is done by my lovely husband who is helped (although I’m not sure if that is the right word to use!) by one small boy. The good thing about these little flowers is that they don’t need any green fingered skills and will sit happily on my window sill looking pretty without the need for constant care and attention from me! :O)

20 comments:

Lyn said...

Beautiful! make good pin cushions too!
Love
Lyn
xxx

Lucy Pursglove-Jones said...

Oh my goodness that's adorable! x

MelMel said...

Lovely, sweet colours!xx

Floss said...

That's lovely, and very original!

Pink Feather Paradise said...

I downloaded a few free patterns for things like that from Lion Brand Yarn they have some really cute bits and pieces...

I love that one though, very beautiful and I know just what you mean about crocheting in a spiral... do you thread a different colour thread into your work as a marker each time you have done a round? I have found this soo helpful!

x Alex

LissyLou said...

The flower pot is just adorable!!

LissyLou said...

you have an award and tag waiting for you over at my blog. x

Hen said...

It looks fab! Well done.
Hen x

Wendy said...

Hi Jackie,
I'm so excited to have found another blogger in Scotland.
I'm in Bridge of Allan, so not so far from you.
You will probably be too busy visiting the festival to get back to me any time soon.
I will follow you and hopefully you will follow me, and perhaps we can keep each other informed of any vintage fairs, etc. there don't seem to be many up here, or do you know more than I?
Looking forward to hearing from you.
Take care,
Wendy

Unknown said...

How fabulous!

Well done xx

Anonymous said...

this looks really cool looks like fun to make too

Rachel said...

What a gorgeous little flower pot! And how lovely that the flowers will never wilt too!
R x

Suzy's Vintage Attic said...

That is so pretty. I look forward to being able to make things like that soon. Still new to brochet!
Isabelle x

Kate said...

Hi Jackie. Your flower pot is fantastic. So pretty. I have also made the Lionbrand one. I'm so pleased to see your beautiful crochet work again.

Attic24 said...

FABULOUS!!!
What a beautiful, creative idea...LOVE it!!!
Lucexxxx

Debbies-English-Treasures said...

SO CUTE!
I WISH I COULD KNIT!

ENJOY LIFE`S SIMPLE TREASURES,
DEBBIE MOSS

French Knots said...

That's a great way to use the little flowers! Looks super!

lisa ridgeon said...

Oh wow! I LOVE it!
X X

periwinkle said...

what a lovely idea -- you could maybe put a lavender sachet inside the pot , would make lovely presents

Lyn said...

Jackie, thankyou for the lovely comment on my blog about my painting.It's much appreciated!
Love
Lyn
xxx