Friday 7 August 2009

Seaside Swap


I recently took part in my very first bloggy swap which was organised by Rachel ~ the swap had a Seaside theme and I had such fun looking for all the little Seasidey bits and pieces. I know that my swap partner has received her parcel so I can now safely show you what I sent.


It took me absolutely ages to think of what I was going to send as my handmade item, but I finally decided on this little Seaside inspired felt pin cushion. I am sure that my stitches could have been a lot neater but I was quite pleased at how it turned out. I added some sea shell shaped buttons and some pretty little pearly pins as a finishing touch.


Also inside the parcel was a little Gisella Graham lighthouse tea light holder, some shell shaped soap, a painted glass yacht wind chime, sea shell shaped wine glass charms, an ice cream shaped lip gloss, a beach hut cross stitch kit, some sea shell chocolate and finally some seaside rock. I really enjoyed this swap and am looking forward to doing another one sometime soon :O)

12 comments:

Lyn said...

Swaps are great fun aren't they? I have only one one but keep an eye out for any others to get involved in!
Love
Lyn
xxx

Pink Feather Paradise said...

I have just received and sent my parcel too... I love the lighthouse and the pin cushion is very cute... I love its sandcastle shape... well done you... and I must put my pictures up on Rachels flickr site...

x Alex

Thedarkerside73 said...

Love your pin cushion. What an orginal idea! I havent done a swap as yet. I think I get nervous about what to do and send. Although they do look like fun.

Love all the other fab stuff you sent too. Glad you enjoyed your
1st swap.


MBBx

Anonymous said...

I love to swap, too. I found a great site to barter online: http://barterquest.com

Rosie said...

What a thoughtful and delightful bunch of seaside inspired treats! I am so looking forward to participating in a future swap.
Your blog is great and I look forward to reading more....

Kate said...

Wow Jackie, I was reading your blog when I got your message on mine. We are on the other side of the world almost having a conversation. Your package looks great. You put so much thought into it. I'm sure your swapee was thrilled. Can't wait to see what you get.

pink-petal-designs said...

tose are so lovely Jackie, i love the lighthouse n the pin coushion you have made is fab

Timi said...

I like the things you've made for the swap!

:: Cindy Chick Designs :: said...

Jackie, I love that you have 'crochet on the brain'! Also I recommend 'Behind the Scenes at the Museum' to start with, her first novel. Cindy. x

MelMel said...

Hello!
Swaps are such fun!
Thats a lot of lovely gifts!

Just found your blog and joined as a follower...x

Floss said...

What a great pincushion! That would be a really special thing to use...

Thanks for your welcome home.

Anonymous said...

and fantastic they were too:) posted your yesterday Jackie so hope you get them soon they went first class recorded but I know there is a strike on so hope they are nearly with you