Friday 16 October 2009

STUPID :O(

STUPID, STUPID, STUPID!.........that is exactly what I was yesterday morning!!

I did a very STUPID thing yesterday and thought that it would be a good idea to climb up onto the kitchen worktop to try to get something that was high up in the kitchen cupboard. I somehow managed to slip and fell from the top of the worktop and hit my head on the metal kitchen bin. I instinctively knew that I had hurt myself quite badly and that was before I had managed to scrape myself off the kitchen floor and before I saw how much blood was involved.

After a LOT of crying and a LOT of panicking ~ and whilst trying not to bleed all over the new carpets ~ I managed to pull myself together enough to phone my by now very worried husband who zoomed home from work in record time and rushed me to A & E.

To cut a long story short and as it was a head injury I got seen by a Doctor straight away and I have now got 4 metal staples holding my head together and am suffering from the after effects of concussion. Oh! And my head really, really hurts! A LOT!!

Now it has to be said that I never normally need much of an excuse to put my feet up and take it easy ~ but I am enjoying being made a fuss of and have had breakfast in bed and a never ending supply of tea being sent up to me by a very wonderful husband who has taken the day off work to look after his very stupid wife.


I have also got the ideal excuse to sit in bed and maybe crochet a little ~ or a lot! ~ and I have made a start on a very soothing little ripple pattern just to take my mind off my poor little head.

I hope that everyone has a very lovely weekend and I hope to be up and about next week to catch up with all your bloggy news :O) xx

16 comments:

Lucy Pursglove-Jones said...

Oh my goodness! What a shock. You poor thing. Hope you mend soon. Take care. Xx

Unknown said...

Oh dear, that was not a good thing to do! I hope you are feeling better soon. Hugs x

Catherine said...

Poor you! Take it VERY easy and no more climbing!! Do enjoy being pampered though1 Cx

lisa ridgeon said...

Oops a daisy! How many times do we balance on something and get away with it! Very unlucky, hope you feel better soon.
X X

Lululiz said...

OUCH OUCH OUCH! Could have ended up a lot worse though, so please don't try that again, eh?
Hmm,snuggled up in bed, lots of tea, time to crochet............. being poorly does have its good points, too it seems.

Sarah said...

Goodness me, that must have been painful - at least youve got some quality time sitting down now!

Hooked in Hove said...

OW!!! DO take it easy for a while - concussion can be sneaky. Rest well and let hubby look after you!

Lyn said...

eentOh dear! put your feet up and rest your head fo a bit.
Love
Lyn
xxx

Kate said...

Oh you poor thing. I hope your head feels better soon and that your lovely family keep making a fuss of you until you do.

Timi said...

I am so sorry what happened to you! Get well soon!!

JuanitaTortilla said...

Yikes! I am feeling dizzy already from that initial shock from the fall.
That was really frightening. But we tend to go against our 'instincts' sometimes and end up paying for them. I would consider this lesson learnt.

Wishing you a speedy recovery.
Juanita

Thedarkerside73 said...

Goodness! how awful for you! that must of really knocked the wind out of you. Hope you are being given lots of TLC and are on the mend.


And remeber no absailing this weekend! lol.

MBBx

Rosie said...

Oh dear Jackie! What a horrible incident which has no doubt left you feeling a little worse for wear!
Take care, get lots of rest and I hope that you feel much, much better soon.
X Lucy :)

tania said...

OMG I hope you are ok. What an awful thing to happen !!!. big hug to you.
Love Tania
xxx

kelly said...

your head bump makes my finger injury seem like a walk in the park! poor you, it's crazy that in just a split second things like this happen (normally always because i'm in a hurry)
rest up & hope you feel better soon x

Anonymous said...

crikey jackie hope you are feeling better today check out my blog tomorrow for soemthing to cheer you up:)