Tuesday 29 May 2012

Jubilee socks

Yesterday ~  I was sitting in the garden enjoying the lovely warm weather and adding a few more rows to my Jubilee socks. I am using a really simple sock pattern which involves absolutely no heel shaping and therefore, absolutely no thinking at all! Just simple knitting and purling (K6,P6 ribbing) in a tube like fashion ~ which is so easy to pick up and put down when my knitting mood dictates. The yarn is 4 ply Zig Zag by King Cole in Jubilee which gives lovely random stripes in red, white and blue. The other thing I loved about this pattern is that it needed 60 stitches to be cast on ~ which is very appropriate for the Queen's Diamond Jubilee too.


Today ~ I am back to sitting knitting inside as the weather has decided to turn a little cooler again and the sun has disappeared behind the clouds. I really do hope it decides to make a reappearance sometime very soon :O)xx

7 comments:

Gillian Roe said...

These are fabulous! Very warm and cosy and stylish too. I like the fact that you cast on with 60 stitches, very appropriate!

L is for Love said...

Gosh, I like theidea of not having to do the heel part of the sock Jacquie. I am knitting with some Noro sock yarn at the moment and am just about to do the heel, hope I can remember what needs to be done !
x Penelope

sajuki said...

looks great ;D

Jane said...

Love the Jubilee socks! What a great idea.
Let's hope the weather brightens up again before the weekend...
Jane x

Anonymous said...

Your socks are looking wonderful,I really hope the weather brightens up again for the special weekend.Have a fun time~lots of love juliexoxoxo

Jessica said...

Love your jubilee socks - they sound like the perfect project to sit back and relax with.

Rajeswari said...

Lovely socks and hope you had a great jubliee week!

Passing on the Liebster Blog award to you!

http://diapermum.blogspot.in/2012/06/liebster-blog-award.html