Friday 7 November 2014

Easy Lamb Keema

After you have done a hard days work there is nothing better than sitting down to a delicious home cooked meal. Something that is both tasty and nutritious, easy to make, and more importantly, something that the whole family will sit down and eat. There really is nothing worse than faffing around making different meals for each person in the family. I must admit that I have been guilty of this in the past and it really is soul destroying, not to mention really expensive too! This Easy Lamb Keema is one of my favourite mid week go to recipes ~ and the best part about it is that it can be ready on the table in about half an hour.

You will need the following ingredients ::

500g lean lamb mince
1 crushed clove of garlic
1 large potato (diced)
1 teaspoon each of ground coriander, cumin, chilli powder and turmeric
1 tablespoon of garam marsala
100 mls lamb stock
400g tin of chopped tomatoes
150g frozen peas


Firstly dry fry the lamb mince until browned and skim off any of the excess fat ::


Next add the crushed clove of garlic and the spices, stir and then cook for around one minute ::


Add the diced potato ::


Next add in 100mls of lamb stock ~ I just use a lamb stock cube and also add the 400g tin of chopped tomatoes ::

Season with salt and pepper to taste and then cover and simmer for around 15 minutes until the potato is tender ::



Next up add 150g of frozen peas and cook for a further 3 minutes::


Serve with chopped coriander, a large green salad and some warm naan bread ~ and maybe a large glass of wine for the adults ~ delicious!

Most of the time I make this recipe with lamb mince, but I have also used lean steak mince which I find works just as well. You can also add a chopped onion in the early stages of cooking ~ but my daughter refuses to eat anything that contains the slightest trace of onion, so I find it much easier just to leave it out. Anything for a quiet life! Hope you all enjoy :O)xx

4 comments:

driftwood said...

yum, this sounds delicious! and I love the little halloween mouse in your last post! thanks for your visit to my blog, nice to meet you x

Gillian Roe said...

I really like the sound of this. I tend to lamb mince in more Moroccan or middle eastern flavoured food, rather than in a curry, but this sounds really delicious. And easy too! x

Julie said...

This sounds delicious. I seem to have been missing your posts. I'll update my feed now! Juliex

Alison said...

Hi Jackie, I tried this recipe this evening and it was delicious! Thanks for sharing x